XF 1.5 Put on Moderater Que For First 5 Posts

orange7

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to have new members be on Moderator Que for the first 5 posts and then move to regular member with regular access. We did this on phpbb to help cut down on spam.

Appreciate any help.

Brogan, that worked well, thank you. How can I also make it so that for the first 5 posts people cannot posts links, make a signature, post stuff on their profile, etc? I notice spammers sometimes immediately post a link for their website soon as they join.

For the links it would require an add-on or custom development. The rest can be done through the permission system and the group promotion.

For the links it would require an add-on or custom development. The rest can be done through the permission system and the group promotion.
Well, I figured it would be group promotion and was trying to wrap my head around.

Would it work like this?

registered members - not allow things like "edit profile" that I don't want people to have access to for the first 5 posts

and the for the promotion:

verified members - allow those things like "edit profile"

Have a little issue I am trying to figure out how to get around.

Say someone is in this promoted member group after they get their certain amount of posts, and then we put them on "moderator que" because they are doing bad stuff or whatever, does the "promoted member promotion" have to be manually deleted? Because if not, once the cron runs again they are given posting rights back. Hoping there is a way to get around having to go into the ACP and manually remove the promotion.

Thank you for you time. :)

You need to set up a usergroup to "revoke" that permission. We do that on our forum. The first few posts are thrown into moderation until we determine their usage pattern is not a spammer or troll, then they can post normally. If they are marginal, we often revoke that permission with a separate usergroup so that future posts go back to the moderation queue.

Top Bottom