XF 1.4 Put my current theme as a child to update this one without loosing any custom dev

Betclever

Hello all,

I got some questions to avoid to loose some custom dev under apparence or under css templates.
What shall I do to put my current theme as a child theme cause this one is the only one I have at the moment a part the default one... ?

Can someone explain me what I have to do so the best practice in my case?

Thanks.

It doesn't help cause I have an existing theme which is customized but I have edited the default one also even if it is disabled at the moment.
I don't know exactly what I have to do cause installing the theme and make the current theme installed by default OK but what will happen if I upgrade?

Another question, when I will upgrade my style, what will happen to the child one?
What shall I do with existing files "the ones of my current theme".

Export it as an independent style, which will make it a standalone style.

I can't export my own theme which is used by all of my users a part export the XML file an reimport it?
Shall I make a child for each modification cause I have so many modifications that I will have 20 child themes...
If I create by example "class header" and another "class footer" and let the parent, which theme will be active for users?

This is not easy, it will be great if Xenforo can make this easier...

Top Bottom