1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Purchased web host / XF license / Installation - However ...

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by m3commish, Jun 26, 2015.

1. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Hey @Brogan or any staff member .. I purchased my web-host just now .. and purchased the Xenforo license and installation. I am currently filling out the request to have this done. However, the following parts I'm not sure what to put before clicking 'submit request'.

1. FTP Server: ?
    2. FTP User Name: ?
    3. FTP Password: ?

MySQL User Name: ?
    MySQL Password: ?
    MySQL Database Name: ?

Notes or Special Requests: For example?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can get those details from your host.

Or, if you have cPanel, just provide the log in credentials and I can create the database for you when I do the installation.

3. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Perfect, Brogan. I'll leave them be for now and provide the log in credentials. Shall I leave the log in information in the Notes or Special Requests?

4. Brogan

Either or, it doesn't make any difference.

5. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Sent. :) Roughly, how long will it take to install .. before I can begin working on my forum?

6. Brogan

It's done :)

m3commish and Steve F like this.
  7. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Great! ... forgive me, Brogan .. but, when I go to m3lforums.com .... it asks me to sign in to launch this site. Thinking I would see the sign-in for my Xenforo forum ... I was thrown off. Am I doing something wrong here? Sorry for the ignorance. Building on the demo I got use to .. but, getting to this point I need a bit of assistance. :/

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

When I go to m3lforums.com it takes me to your XenForo forum. :)

Incidentally you'll have to sort out your URL, currently both www and non-www versions are working. You should redirect the www to non-www or vice versa. Details on how to do this are in the FAQ in Brogan's signature.

m3commish likes this.
  9. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

OK, I think I've got it. :)