Proxmox v3.3 released

TPerry

For anyone using Proxmox, version 3.3 has just been released. If you have a subscription, then you should already be running it with the latest update it ran. For those without a subscription, you may want to look at upgrading.

For those that are not familiar with Proxmox, it is a Debian based virtualization OS that has a web based front end for administration of the VPS's. It has to be ran on a dedicated server, and then you can create your own VPS's from it. I use it to run most of my sites on currently.

The newest release has a built in firewall... I haven't started playing with it yet (I use CSF and will probably continue to do so) but for those that don't it will be beneficial.

The new default VNC console is now HTML5 and is no long a Java based.
The release announcement can be viewed here.

@Tracy Perry, just curious what advantages you find in Proxmox? I never tried this product, currently using standard KVM, Docker and Red Hat Satellite/Spacewalk. Thanks for letting me know.

It looks like you need a subscription to access their enterprise repo, so you can't upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 without paying, or doing a fresh install to 3.3 and restoring the VPS images.

@Tracy Perry, just curious what advantages you find in Proxmox? I never tried this product, currently using standard KVM, Docker and Red Hat Satellite/Spacewalk. Thanks for letting me know.
Main reason I like it is it is Debian based - which I am more familiar with. For those that prefer CentOS, then there are better alternatives. Also ProxMox is well supported and the licenses are not that expensive.
It looks like you need a subscription to access their enterprise repo, so you can't upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 without paying, or doing a fresh install to 3.3 and restoring the VPS images.
Yep.... that's one reason I went ahead and forked over the $99 a year (I think it was - since I have a 2CPU system) for the base license... actually I don't pay it, the local Dr. office I do work for that also uses it pays for my subscription. One of the benefits of the "free" tech support I give them.

Yep.... that's one reason I went ahead and forked over the $99 a year (I think it was - since I have a 2CPU system) for the base license... actually I don't pay it, the local Dr. office I do work for that also uses it pays for my subscription. One of the benefits of the "free" tech support I give them.
Purchased and upgraded earlier this afternoon.

You don't need a subscription to use Proxmox, its free and opensource.
The subscription "only" adds support and access to the enterprise repository (basically the same, but even more stable because updates first go to the common repository and then to the enterprise repository).

Top Bottom