XF 2.0 Promotions issue after upgrade to stable

sip

Promotions were working as intended till RC3
After upgrade to Stable the group promotions are not reflected on running the cron.
Only way to get the promotions reflected is Rebuild user group promotions cache.
What do I need to check? Or should I open a ticket with support to look into the issue?

Promotions only occur for members who have very recently been active or on log in.

Are you saying that isn't happening?

The rebuild option is to manually force promotions on all members to override the default functionality.

Nothing has changed with regards to the promotion system and we haven't had any other reports of issues so it's going to be something local to your installation.

Yes, it doesn't happen.
I even ran cron manually multiple times. Nothing.
Then have to run rebuild cache and every change happens as per group promotion settings.

Considering you are also having issues with custom thread fields, it's possible that third party code is causing various issues.

Our recommendation would be to disable all add-ons and revert to a completely default unedited style to determine whether the problems still happen.

You may need to create a duplicate test forum in order to do that, to avoid affecting the production site.

No code changed here between RC3 and stable. Given that running the rebuild fixes it, I'd have to guess that the cron isn't triggering on the people you're expecting -- it's really only people who have been active in the last couple hours, based on what's in the database (which can lag behind what is shown in the UI by an hour). It's going to be a small number of people that apply at any given time.

You may need to create a duplicate test forum in order to do that, to avoid affecting the production site.
Ok. So one question. Am allowed to dump and import the entire DB on test install, disable all addons there and then test the thread move issue to begin with?

@Mike Yes I understand that. That's why i tested on a logged in test user.
Only add on that has come after the stable is the Q&A from Themehouse. I did ask them if their addon could be causing this group promotion issue and they said NO.

@Mike Yes I understand that. That's why i tested on a logged in test user.
This is why I made the comment about it internally lagging behind what you may see in the UI. The last activity that we store is only updated hourly. The promotion cron itself runs hourly and only applies to users with a stored last activity time within the last two hours.

If the rebuild works, then the promotion criteria itself works. If you see that the promotion cron is running, then that element should be fine. You should look at the promotion history to see if people are getting upgraded outside of when you ran the promotion rebuild. If they are, that should indicate that the promotion is being awarded (either via cron or when people start a new session).

This is why I made the comment about it internally lagging behind what you may see in the UI. The last activity that we store is only updated hourly. The promotion cron itself runs hourly and only applies to users with a stored last activity time within the last two hours.

If the rebuild works, then the promotion criteria itself works. If you see that the promotion cron is running, then that element should be fine. You should look at the promotion history to see if people are getting upgraded outside of when you ran the promotion rebuild. If they are, that should indicate that the promotion is being awarded (either via cron or when people start a new session).

Thanks.
I'll keep a watch for few days on user change log and see how it goes.
Cron in my case is set to run every 20 min -- one is XF original hrly and other is added which runs twice an hr so that the three are spaced 20 min apart. The issue observed was that it wasn't changing the group even past that 20 min.

I'll keep this thread updated and if the issue still remains unchanged, will open a ticket.

Top Bottom