Promoting and Building Forums: Tips and Tricks

RWHP

I am new to forums and have built mine but am trying to build up a member base. I was hoping others that have succeeeded as well as those trying and making progress would be willing to share anything they may have learned along the way. Also sometimes those things you may have tried and failed or just did not work would help others just as much as things that worked. While we would not like others to waste time and money we would appreciate sharing bad options or offerings to avoid further loss among members.

This can include better online and offline seo, traffic generation, social media, paid advertising and so much more.

Takes time especially when there are numerous other forums on the same subject.
Helps when it's a niche topic.

In all my years I try never to forget that it's not my forum but the members.
My Our forum have few moderators mainly because members are very protective over the forum.
Let's face it, people can get the same information elsewhere.
Each forum develops it's own flavor.

You can't rush time.

Well put. I guess my proposition is what may be the best way to promote the forum so that others may see and choose whether to become a member. I don't wan't to create members just want people interested to join is all. Good advice

Well put. I guess my proposition is what may be the best way to promote the forum so that others may see and choose whether to become a member. I don't wan't to create members just want people interested to join is all. Good advice
I usually have a link in my .sig since I'm on automotive forums and our forum is automotive.
Encourage other members to do the same. You need to be careful not to violate other forums rules regarding links in .sigs.

Top Bottom