Resource icon

Profile Tabs As Fixed Block

Nights

Nights submitted a new resource:

Profile Tabs As Fixed Block - Makes profile tabs appear in block to the side of the page.

This is a fairly simple modification to allow you to place the information tabs on profile pages in a floating fixed block allowing access even while scrolling down the page.

If you'd like an example you can see a demo on my forum:
Ponyville Forums

So basically you're going to be making a quick template edit and you'll need to make one style property change.

Here's what you'll do first:

Go into the AdminCP ->...

Read more about this resource...

Can you post a screenshot and link to a member page as an example because the ones I've seen say "this member limits who may view their profile" or they don't have any profile tabs at all.

Can you post a screenshot and link to a member page as an example because the ones I've seen say "this member limits who may view their profile" or they don't have any profile tabs at all.

Sorry, I'll post a screen later. I've got a lot going on right now and I'm planning on doing an overhaul of my site.

One problem this produce is the fact that it destroy the responsive style for the profile.

Yes, that's the only downfall. However an easy fix would be to have a style set aside for responsive design (that doesn't use this edit).

yeah, it's really difficult to understand what this does without a screenshot, and the demo url is 404.

His website is no longer available, but the tabs on profiles (Information, etc.) are fixed to the right stacked on top of each other.

Top Bottom