Lack of interest Profile posts sidebar widget - comment icon with count to replace ellipses

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

beerForo

In articles, this icon appears when there are comments and you click it to take you to the article. I want to suggest the same for profile posts, and replace the ellipses with talk bubble. I never know when there is activity and this would be good for interaction.

xenforo status comment icon.png

I call mine Status Updates but this is the Latest Profile Posts widget.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's brilliant. However I may use the single talk bubble so it matches article previews but yes! I suggest that to XF, and if you can share that customization, than you!

Open template profile_post_macros

Find:
HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}">&#8226;&#8226;&#8226;</a>

Replace with:
HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}"><i class="far fa-comments"></i> {{ $profilePost.comment_count }}</a>

Use this replacement if you want a single bubble.

HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}"><i class="far fa-comment"></i> {{ $profilePost.comment_count }}</a>

Both GIF by Dolittle

You Rock GIF by chuber channel

Top Bottom