Profile posts sidebar widget - comment icon with count to replace ellipses

beerForo

In articles, this icon appears when there are comments and you click it to take you to the article. I want to suggest the same for profile posts, and replace the ellipses with talk bubble. I never know when there is activity and this would be good for interaction.

xenforo status comment icon.png

I call mine Status Updates but this is the Latest Profile Posts widget.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

beerForo

That's brilliant. However I may use the single talk bubble so it matches article previews but yes! I suggest that to XF, and if you can share that customization, than you!

Lee

Open template profile_post_macros

Find:
HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}">&#8226;&#8226;&#8226;</a>

Replace with:
HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}"><i class="far fa-comments"></i> {{ $profilePost.comment_count }}</a>

Lee

Use this replacement if you want a single bubble.

HTML:
<a href="{{ link('profile-posts', $profilePost) }}" rel="nofollow" class="contentRow-extra" data-xf-click="overlay" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{ phrase('interact')|for_attr }}"><i class="far fa-comment"></i> {{ $profilePost.comment_count }}</a>

beerForo

Both GIF by Dolittle

You Rock GIF by chuber channel