Profile, pages and more

Rebecka

I test drive phpBB now but I lean more towards XenForo. I like that phpBB is open source and free, but... I'm a member of a forum using XenForo and it's just so damn nice. I don't have enough money right now, but I'm considering buying XenForo later on.

I also test drive XenForo Demo and I have some questions.

- When I create a "page" it looks like a forum/part of the forums though it's a page. Can I choose to display the pages in the top/menu/navtabs? How?

- Can I add an extra profile tab? If for example, I want to show the user's posts from a specific forum? How?

- How easy or difficult is it to install XenForo? I can install both WordPress and phpBB. Is the installation process similar to these? Is it included in the documentation?

- Is there a Swedish translation?

Last edited:
Can I choose to display the pages in the top/menu/navtabs? How?
A template edit or third party add-on will allow you to do that.

Can I add an extra profile tab? If for example, I want to show the user's posts from a specific forum? How?
That would require custom development.

How easy or difficult is it to install XenForo?
It's very simple. We have documentation and support available, if required.

Is there a Swedish translation?
There may be a third party translation, you can check the resources: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/

A template edit or third party add-on will allow you to do that.

Could you point me to such an add-on?

That would require custom development.

Ok. I'll ask a forum that has done it.

It's very simple. We have documentation and support available, if required.

Sounds good. :)

There may be a third party translation, you can check the resources: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/

I found Swedish but it seems not maintained. How do I translate it myself?

I only know how to translate WordPress themes with Poedit. How do I translate XenForo? Is it easy?

Last edited:
Regarding topic prefixes. Can I display all the filters on the index page of the forum section?

I also wonder about the menu again. It says "Home" and "Forums". I don't want "Home" to lead anywhere else. Can "Home" become "Forums"? I don't need both "Home" and "Forums".

Last edited:

Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to hit this point.. it's an option that can be disabled in the control panel by not putting anything in the Home Page URL.
View attachment 138778

Great! Now I just want to know how to customize the menu in general (relocate 'Members' and add pages). I'll see if I can find any add-on that makes it possible.

I didn't see this question answered. XenForo uses a phrase system and you can use the phrase manager to translate phrases into any language of your choice.

Oh, this seems simple. "Phrase Text" I understand is my translation, but what's the deal with "Title"? "It must be unique" it says. What exactly does "Title" and how can/should I change it?

Top Bottom