1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Profile Edit History

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by James, Aug 26, 2010.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

This is a feature I didn't make extensive use of until recently in vBulletin:

As you can see, it logs changes made to the user profile (usergroups, usertitles, usernames). It's useful for seeing who made changes and when! It should also be extended to changes that an admin makes to the profile.

Remember to like this post if you agree.
    sinucello, Andrej, Alfa1 and 8 others like this.
  2. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

There are times you look at a user and know you might have changed his name, or email, or maybe you just wonder how he got where he is know.

It would be nice to see some improved user logging. For example log the following in and easy to read format/stream: Edit email, Administrator changes, any changes made automaticly.
    KURTZ likes this.
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

totally agreed with your proposal ... :) and maybe add an option which deny the possibility to re-use a previously used e-mail (for other/new registrations) ...
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

6. Freddie

Freddie Active Member

It isn't.
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It would be extremely valuable to keep a history of profile posts, from a moderation perspective.

"Hey James you are a ___!" as my status (latest profile post), then 10 minutes later after Jame got 'excited' and went on a rampage against me, I could edit the post to something innocent.
  8. James

James Well-Known Member

The screenshot above that I posted is stock as far as I am aware in vB 3.8 (unless my other admin installed a mod I don't know about).

ACP -> {any user} -> [View change history]

9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I had to do some digging and you're right. I guess it's pretty buried, but I haven't really touched vBulletin after 3.6 had come out.

In any case I do think it would be a nice feature to have. :)
  10. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Thought I searched before posting, thanks whoever merged it :)
  11. Freddie

Freddie Active Member

Hilarious, I've never seen that before.
    Deathjam and Enigma like this.
  12. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

It even logs what IP address the change was made from.
  13. mikel

mikel Member

Any recent word on this suggestion one way or the other?