• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Product] XenFans.com - Extra Profile Tab

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You too, for writing the article. I hope it helps people to quickly add a new tab.
Feel free to re-use the plugin and release it with a new version, I will update it in this thread then, etc.

Great job man, works wonderful! Thank you. Question, would it be hard to get a radio button in the custom profile field so we could choose the extra tab for displaying custom profile fields ?

Very interesting!
Great job man, works wonderful! Thank you. Question, would it be hard to get a radio button in the custom profile field so we could choose the extra tab for displaying custom profile fields ?

There's a template included in member_view that is called customer_field_view which goes through the different fields, {$field.id} doesn't exist it seems, just title + outcome.

If you could use <xen:container> there inside an if conditional that does:

if field.title == 'Display Extra Tab' { xen:container var= .. }

and then in the xenfans_extraprofiletab template you could use this custom var (if it populates) to check against it's value. 0 or 1.

A custom display? user field has to be created.

To be honest, I haven't tested this, just thinking outloud, plus .. if users know how to do THiS, they don't need this plugin, they can just code it straight-out. SO I am not so sure 'currently' if this is the best way to go.

So yeah, I think it's possible, how user friendly it will be is unclear to me right now.

Considering I made a vB mod just like this back in the day, I approve! Saves me the time and effort of muddling through re-learning OOP and XF code anyway :)

Admins will definitely want the capability to have multiple tabs, as well as multiple areas to edit custom profile fields. Some people would install my vB extra profile fields page (which separated custom profile fields into their own menu to edit) and the tabs mod multiple times. Quite honestly I think it should be that way from the beginning for all forum software, but that's just me.

I'd use it to allow people to have a tab for specs of multiple PCs. Others used my mods for PC specs, car specs, character specs, etc.

Considering I made a vB mod just like this back in the day, I approve! Saves me the time and effort of muddling through re-learning OOP and XF code anyway :)

Admins will definitely want the capability to have multiple tabs, as well as multiple areas to edit custom profile fields. Some people would install my vB extra profile fields page (which separated custom profile fields into their own menu to edit) and the tabs mod multiple times. Quite honestly I think it should be that way from the beginning for all forum software, but that's just me.

I'd use it to allow people to have a tab for specs of multiple PCs. Others used my mods for PC specs, car specs, character specs, etc.
Feel free to get the .zip and update it, contribute code to it and return it to me. I am happy to release it with your contributions and with full credits. Teamwork for the win.

ps,

I have a version on my localhost that has support for multiple tabs, with per tab enable checkbox, and title.
I am looking into a few other features, but I am not too familiar with the member_view template and the new 1.1 custom profile fields. I am hoping to get some code contributions from others.

Floris, whats the easiest way to get content in the tabs?

I'm going to update now and take a look.

Have you checked the options?

screen-shot-2011-10-10-at-11-53-15-pm-png.19891

That's just it, I don't see those options, I uploaded all the new files and XML ... but still don't see those in ACP options, just looks like the first version still.

That's true. The Listener.php is updated, but the .xml dont.
See:

PHP:
// if first, second or third tab needs to be displayed, ..
                if ($options->xenfans_extraprofiletab_link_one == 1)
                {
                    $xenfans_extraprofiletab_one = $template->create('xenfans_extraprofiletab_one', $template->getParams());
                    $rendered = $xenfans_extraprofiletab_one->render();
                    $contents .= $rendered;
                }
                if ($options->xenfans_extraprofiletab_link_two == 1)
                {
                    $xenfans_extraprofiletab_two = $template->create('xenfans_extraprofiletab_two', $template->getParams());
                    $rendered = $xenfans_extraprofiletab_two->render();
                    $contents .= $rendered;
                }
                if ($options->xenfans_extraprofiletab_link_three == 1)
                {
                    $xenfans_extraprofiletab_three = $template->create('xenfans_extraprofiletab_three', $template->getParams());
                    $rendered = $xenfans_extraprofiletab_three->render();
                    $contents .= $rendered;
                }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom