• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problems with moderator / admin access in import?

petertdavis

Well-known member
#1
I have this problem on two imports I have done recently.

One site I recently moved from vBulletin 4.1 to Xenforo 1.04 (spedpac.org) - this is a live site

Another, from vBulletin 3.8 to Xenforo 1.1 (Historum.com) - it is not live, I've only shown it to my moderators

In both cases, even though I have moved my staff to the appropriate usergroup (either Moderating or Administrative), none of them seem to have access to the moderator functions.

I'm probably just missing something simple, but rather than tearing my hair out all day I thought I'd risk looking stupid and ask. :)
 

MGSteve

Well-known member
#3
Also, its best (in my experience anyway) to completely reset the permissions in XF as the two systems really are different.

In XF its much cleaner as you have a core set of permissions and then can use secondary usergroups to add (or permanently remove) abilities as required. For our import, we've simplified down the usergroups in vB before the import as its far harder and sometimes impossible to do the changes in XF.
 

petertdavis

Well-known member
#4
Well, here's what I did. After the import, I deleted all of the usergroups that were from vBulletin, so that only the original four XF usergroups remained. Then, I went in and change the moderators and admins to the correct usergroup, and in the 'Create New Moderator' screen I selected 'Super Moderator' and did 'Quick Check All' for permissions, then save. I'm not sure what I missed there, but the moderator functions aren't all available to them.
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#5
Assuming you've made them moderators, assigned the permissions and they're not members of groups which have Never set on any of those permissions, it should work.

If you want I can take a look.
 

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#9
I just set up a Dummy and it works as it should, the problem only seems to be on existing ones I imported.
In which case there is more than likely some incorrect data in the database.
I have seen it before a few times.

Try resetting those users back to defaults with no perms. etc. and then try again.