1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems creating a thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ken Black, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

A user has reported the following to me about my forum :

Issue: The option to create a thread is now there, however when attempting to submit it the "Create Thread" grays out (like it is trying to submit) then just stops. The thread is not published, the page does not refresh and it is back in edit mode.

Anyone know what this is ?

Thanks.

2. James Freeman

James Freeman Member

Are you using the default theme? What browser is he using?

3. ehd

ehd Active Member

He is using an adblocker. And he is using stopwords in the title or body. So he can't create the thred.

4. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

It's the default theme and firefox or chrome I think. It is at imlightning.com the adsense subforum

5. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

Bypass flood check:

Edit custom title:

set to no.

Everything else is set to Alloow in the Registered User settings for all forums at my site.

xenforo 1.2.3

6. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

What are stop words ?

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Look in the ACP -> Options -> Spam Management and check to see if you have (under the Spam Phrases) any of words that are used in the topic they are trying to make and have it set to reject. Also see if Akismet is enabled. If so, it could be due to that.

8. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

I have no spam phrases there. Askimet is not enabled. I do have a Project Honey Pot key entered though.

9. Tracy Perry

Project Honey Pot key isn't normal in the 1.2.4 version if I remember correctly. That's from an add-on. Derrrpp... found it.. it is default. It's for registration.
    Find out what the topic is that he is entering (the title). One of your add-on's may be filtering it (as well as the post). What add-on are you using for anti-spam (if any).

10. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

No add on that I know of. I'll ask about the title - thanks.

11. Ken Black

Ken Black Member

What would happen if I deleted the project Honey Pot ID ?

12. Tracy Perry

Just won't check against Project Honey Pot for registrations.

13. Tracy Perry

Once you do, try posting a topic in that area with the same Topic title. See if it happens for you. If not, then it is something on his end (browser add-ons probably).

14. ehd

ehd Active Member

"Adsense."

Gets filtered out by the user's adblocker. Tell him to disable it.