Problem with SEO, indexing and getting google to crawl pages

pavelandreev

Hey forum,
I hope this is in the right section since I consider SEO for a forum to be part of managing and growing a forum.

I`ve been having issues with getting a site to index properly.

Currently its divided into two parts.
A main site with static pages, campaign/news pages (details dont matter here) and blog pages.
And the second part a forum with threads, resources and media. (which is on the same domain, just with the /forum prefix)

Now the main site is crawled very well, every day infact based on logs, some pages even every 4 hours.
Its well indexed and appears in search results.
The forum however lags behind, even though its on the exact same domain.
I`ve double and triple checked, the pages in the forum. They are open for indexing, discover-able, crawlable and the bot has passed through them... once, about a month ago.

So what gives? Why is one part of the site indexed and shows in search results, while the other part doesnt show in search results. The pages are in a sort of limbo "Crawled - currently not indexed" or "Discovered - currently not indexed"

Is there are a tool I can use to give me clarity?
I have an active SemRush account if that helps, any tool in it that I can use to analyze?
Has anyone else had this problem with getting google to index their XenForo forum?

Hi, do non-indexed pages have more or less the same text/content as indexed ones (understood in quantity)?
Google tries not to immediately (or ever) index pages with little content.

Hi, do non-indexed pages have more or less the same text/content as indexed ones (understood in quantity)?
Google tries not to immediately (or ever) index pages with little content.
More content than the indexed pages in some cases, not less for sure.

In Google Search Console, look up Index - Pages (mine is in German, so I don`t know the correct english labeling). You see a graph with indexed and non indexed pages. Scroll down. You`ll find a list "Why pages are not indexed". Click on one of the entries. You`ll see a list of affected pages for this particular reason. Work your way through.
Maybe this may help as well:

follow this url:
Code:
https://search.google.com/search-console/index?resource_id=https://website.com/
change website.com with your site

In Google Search Console, look up Index - Pages (mine is in German, so I don`t know the correct english labeling). You see a graph with indexed and non indexed pages. Scroll down. You`ll find a list "Why pages are not indexed". Click on one of the entries. You`ll see a list of affected pages for this particular reason. Work your way through.
Maybe this may help as well:
Unfortunately the inconsistency of their report is why I`m seeking outside help.
The report is mostly useless, conflicting and doesnt provide up to date or accurate data in general.

Here are some examples for a specific page shown in the "Crawled - currently not indexed"

1669215340958.webp

And then here is the report for the same page

1669215367423.webp

Now granted, this page has nothing worth showing, however its both shown as Indexed and "crawled - currently not indexed"

Here is another example, which is even more difficult to understand:

1669215544224.webp

This is from the forum sitemap index report.

1669215584713.webp

But when you got to inspect the URL, it shows Sitemaps N/A
Even though this URL was pulled from the Sitemap index coverage report.

------

There are many many more examples like this.

follow this url:
Code:
https://search.google.com/search-console/index?resource_id=https://website.com/
change website.com with your site
Thank you for the suggestion, but I have went over the report and it does not provide any useful information as to why the pages arent indexed OR are indexed but not showing in search results.

So good news.

Let google do its job. You think about the contents. Check the url I sent you from time to time to see various errors. That's all. No one knows (unless you work for google in the correct department) that why google likes one piece of content over another.

I did a search for your page and I have to say your article is on the second page of google.

Инфаркт-симптоми-лечение-и-превенция-Cerca-con-Google.webpIf your article will be liked by readers, slowly google will raise it as high as possible.

Consider the fact that xenforo is great tool but it may not have the same seo advantage as other CMS regarding articles. But that's another story.

Greetings

So good news.

Let google do its job. You think about the contents. Check the url I sent you from time to time to see various errors. That's all. No one knows (unless you work for google in the correct department) that why google likes one piece of content over another.

I did a search for your page and I have to say your article is on the second page of google.

View attachment 276939If your article will be liked by readers, slowly google will raise it as high as possible.

Consider the fact that xenforo is great tool but it may not have the same seo advantage as other CMS regarding articles. But that's another story.

Greetings
What do you think about investing in backlinks?
Would that help with the issues and/or resolve them quicker?

Top Bottom