Fixed Problem with oembed adding server error log if resource is deleted

AndyB

Affected version
When a member embeds a soundcloud URL the XenForo software converts the URL to an embedded media, this works great. The problem is if later the soundcloud resource is deleted (deleted from soundcloud), the next time anyone views the thread with the embedded soundcloud media, it adds a server error log.

If you could provide a sample soundcloud URL and details of the server error log, that would be handy.

Sorry I deleted the server error log. I will post one as soon as it happens again. I suspect the issue is when the soundcloud server is not reachable that's the server error log occurs.

The error you provided by PM is:
Code:
 Error: Undefined class constant 'ERROR_INVALID_PROVIDER' src/XF/Oembed/Controller.php:169
This has been fixed for the next maintenance release, however, it's nothing to do with the Soundcloud media being deleted from Soundcloud.

I'm not actually 100% sure how you were triggering this. It suggests that you actually don't have a Soundcloud provider anymore or it is no longer set to use Oembed, but in both of those cases, the code should never reach the error anyway.

Either way, you shouldn't see this error any longer, however you may need to create a troubleshooting thread if certain posts containing Soundcloud embeds are not loading as expected.

Hi Chris,

I didn't like the way the default XenForo Soundcloud player looked, so I set up the following:

1532389394331.webp

Top Bottom