1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by akhi_234, Oct 26, 2011.

1. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

I am having a strange problem, when i click on any forum or message in my forum, i get error message in my forum that "The requested page could not be found.". The URL of that page would look like http://homebuyingforum.com/ZZZoW, last ZZZoW is not constant and it will vary each time.If i hit again on the same link, page will open without any error.

error page.JPG
  2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Seems to work fine for me. I've browsed several threads and see no problem. Have other members of your forum reported this? Is it possible you have a virus or a browser add-on that's causing this? Have you tried a different browser?
  3. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

Thanks for checking, i checked in a different browser and seems to work fine at the moment.

Thanks a lot,
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Where are you getting this URL from?

Your forum is installed in the web root, and ZZZoW is not a default URL route in XenForo, hence the error message.
  5. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

These 4 to 5 letter were appearing in the link (Example -- homebuyingforum.com/zzzow/forumname)when i was clicking on any forum or link in my site. But rite now it seems to be ok but as you said this is not the default URL but it (characters were changing each time sometime zzz or lll) was appearing constantly and i m not sure what was causing it. And i am still not sure if it will not happen again.
  6. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

it appeared just now in a different browser and this time link is http://homebuyingforum.com/YQfmW/. I can't understand what is causing it. I had installed an addon 2 week back and i have uninstalled it. Although, i have been using that addon for last two week, this problem started today so not sure if they are related.
  7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What page has that link on it?
  8. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

FWIW...I clicked on 50+ links on your board and could not duplicate the problem you are reporting, which still makes me think it's something on your PC that is causing this; cache, browser add-on/helper, virus, hosts file redirect, etc.

I suggest you try and duplicate it but start hovering over links before clicking on them. Watch the browser information bar to see where the link is going to take you before clicking on it. Try and find out if the link is embedded in the page (incorrectly) or is happening after you click on the link.

What was the add-on that you installed?
  9. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I'd go with virus or malware - run Malwarebytes over your PC and see if it finds anything?
  10. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

Thanks for your advice, i ll run a anti virus and see. Probably it is related to something on my PC. i have installed an addon for xml generation. but i have uninstalled that, though if it gets fixed after antivirus, i will assume that it is related to my PC.