XF 2.1 Problem with email

I'm hosted in a shared hosting; for security measures my service provider disabled access to PHP's insecure functions; keeping in mind that the server works in a secure environment.
When I had XenForo 1.5 installed, the Email service worked correctly through sendmail (Using the zend-mail library that uses the mail () function). When I upgrade to XenForo 2.1 I find that it uses the library "swiftmailer" and for some reason the emails were not sent.

Reviewing the codes a bit, I find the following shipping methods: (File /src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php)

xf_sendmail.webp

xf_smtp.webp

As you can see, the proc_open and stream_socket_client functions are used; which are marked as insecure by my hosting provider.
As I have noticed XenForo 2.1 keeps the directory / src / vendor / zendframework / zend-mail; Is there any way to tell XenForo to send emails using the zend-mail library and not swiftmailer?
In case of achieving change the library; Would it be necessary to update the configuration in the plugins?

Those functions are only insecure if they are used in an insecure way. That isn't the case for our software - it is used in a sensible and secure way in both cases.

Swift Mailer is by far a much more superior library for handling email transport and related matters than Zend, and one that is actively developed by a hugely active open source community.

Quite simply, if you are unable to get those functions enabled, we'd recommend moving to a different host, or using SMTP instead.

Those functions are only insecure if they are used in an insecure way. That isn't the case for our software - it is used in a sensible and secure way in both cases.

Swift Mailer is by far a much more superior library for handling email transport and related matters than Zend, and one that is actively developed by a hugely active open source community.

Quite simply, if you are unable to get those functions enabled, we'd recommend moving to a different host, or using SMTP instead.
Dear,
I have my resource hosted in Cuba; according to regulations I can only stay in servers located in the national territory.
I know that XenForo uses the functions in a secure way, but the service providers disable it to avoid that any user makes a bad use of the function in the server.
If I use SMTP configuration then the transport will be managed from the strean_socket_client function, also disabled.

Do you have any idea?
Thank you.

Top Bottom