Problem about redirect in NGINX

@Tracy Perry so i have to open a Rescue Mode to do that? Because i have only access to control panel...

Yes, you have to have a shell ability. Most VPS's have the ability from a control panel to gain some type of shell access in a rescue mode.
If you want to hit me up in a convo with your logon info I can take a look at it and see if it is possible from your CP to do.

You now have root access and the password was given to you via convo. Also, nginx was not starting due to an extra } you had in one of your vhost config files. You need to work on getting WP configured in your root and then do the simple redirect for the other domain.

Looks like I'm a bit late but glad you got access back to your server :)

Btw I can see that redirections are now working perfectly for any URL in your old domain to your new domain. Guess you aplied the changes in your nginx config file as suggested.

Now I suggest you to move to a managed VPS provider otherwise you might have problems in the future if you don't know how to manage your own server.

All the best.

For those watching this issue, it should be fully resolved. Was not a XenForo problem but was due to the original person that set it up leaving the OP in the lurch when they left and didn't relay any contact info or necessary sysadmin account info.
Both his forum and his root landing page are now responding, and it appears that the original redirect problem for the URLS are resolved also.

There was also the issue that the Google indexes he was referring to pointed at an SSL site, and his new site is not running SSL, so an HTTPS -> HTTP redirect had to be configured.

Last edited:
Top Bottom