Prizes and Giveaways Help

kingjavo

Hey peeps,

I'm planning on giving away items like video games on my site to gain some more users and I would love to hear some of the more experienced site owner's thoughts on how best to make this happen.

I've seen the Competitions add-on out there, but that seems more for a site which performs frequent contests and that's really not what I'm after.

I'm looking more for a free game giveaway like seen at operationsports.com on the right hand side with the Rory Mllroy golf game give away. I would like to incorporate some ways for people to enter by posting on my site, tweeting, and facebook likes maybe.

Please share any advice or ideas on how I can accomplish this task the best way possible.

Thanks in advance.

We have contests all the time, but you have to have a minimum post count.
We organize them ourselves, no software or anything.

We are doing our Bingo Tournament right now lol
Here is our Contest Corner. Some of them are weird and others not so much. The photo contests are a staple. Prizes are donated by vendors who are listed in our Marketplace. The last one was for the members to create an Avatar for me and title. The winners got a t-shirt, hat, towels. The photo contests usually have a theme, like Easter pics, or whatever.
http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?forums/contest-corner.89/

@kingjavo We offer monthly raffles and the prizes are always niche related to our site. We have a seven posting (new thread/reply) minimum in order to enter the raffle. The seven posting minimum can be changed at any time and we could also add other factors like how many likes etc if we want to. Our raffles are a great feature on our site and are used by many of our members. Log on to our site at Veterans Briefing.com and check it out. After checking out the raffle / contest area as a guest, then new member PM me at Rick Gaspa and I will up your message count so that you can see what it feels like as a member and enter the raffle. ( who knows, You may even win a prize :) A copy of out active prize is shown below. Being a non-profit site and also on a military pension I try to keep the prizes to minimum cost for me and free if at all possible. I find that if the prize is niche related, my members want to enter the raffle. My same thinking on creating a successful XenForo Message site. Related niche content rules and in this case related niche prizes.

Be sure you visit the ACTIVE RAFFLE forum at the bottom of the home page. Got more questions? PM me. Glad to help.
ringbinderlaying_2.png

Last edited:
@kingjavo We offer monthly raffles and the prizes are always niche related to our site. We have a seven posting (new thread/reply) minimum in order to enter the raffle. The seven posting minimum can be changed at any time and we could also add other factors like how many likes etc if we want to. Our raffles are a great feature on our site and are used by many of our members. Log on to our site at Veterans Briefing.com and check it out. After checking out the raffle / contest area as a guest, then new member PM me at Rick Gaspa and I will up your message count so that you can see what it feels like as a member and enter the raffle. ( who knows, You may even win a prize :) A copy of out active prize is shown below. Being a non-profit site and also on a military pension I try to keep the prizes to minimum cost and free if at all possible. I find that if the prize is niche related, my members want to enter the raffle. Mt thinking on creating a successful XenForo Message site. Related niche content rules.

Be sure you visit the ACTIVE RAFFEL forum at the bottom of the home page. Got more questions? PM me. Glad to help.
ringbinderlaying_2.png

I would like to take a peek at your raffles!
Great idea :)

I just registered :)
@kingjavo We offer monthly raffles and the prizes are always niche related to our site. We have a seven posting (new thread/reply) minimum in order to enter the raffle. The seven posting minimum can be changed at any time and we could also add other factors like how many likes etc if we want to. Our raffles are a great feature on our site and are used by many of our members. Log on to our site at Veterans Briefing.com and check it out. After checking out the raffle / contest area as a guest, then new member PM me at Rick Gaspa and I will up your message count so that you can see what it feels like as a member and enter the raffle. ( who knows, You may even win a prize :) A copy of out active prize is shown below. Being a non-profit site and also on a military pension I try to keep the prizes to minimum cost for me and free if at all possible. I find that if the prize is niche related, my members want to enter the raffle. My same thinking on creating a successful XenForo Message site. Related niche content rules and in this case related niche prizes.

Be sure you visit the ACTIVE RAFFLE forum at the bottom of the home page. Got more questions? PM me. Glad to help.
ringbinderlaying_2.png

I am such a dope, it won't let me sign back in!
I can't believe I already forgot my password, it was 5 minutes ago!

Top Bottom