Duplicate Privilege to download on a per-usergroup basis

Rigel Kentaurus

I run the XfAddOns site, which I use to distribute the updates for the Social Groups and Blog AddOns

My current method is, I have a private forum. I add the users to a special usergroup that grants them access to the forum, in which they can download the updates.

I was considering replacing the private forums with the Resource Manager, but it seems to be a download all-or-nothing permission, and in my particular case, users that purchased the blog should not have access to download other add-ons and viceversa.

I see that we already have a setting in the category for "Allow resources to be created by", it would be nice to have an additional one called "Allow resources to be downloaded by"

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I run the XfAddOns site, which I use to distribute the updates for the Social Groups and Blog AddOns

My current method is, I have a private forum. I add the users to a special usergroup that grants them access to the forum, in which they can download the updates.

I was considering replacing the private forums with the Resource Manager, but it seems to be a download all-or-nothing permission, and in my particular case, users that purchased the blog should not have access to download other add-ons and viceversa.

I see that we already have a setting in the category for "Allow resources to be created by", it would be nice to have an additional one called "Allow resources to be downloaded by"

I've got good news for you ;)
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/resource-category-user-view-permissions.1675/

I think I might as well wait for the devs to come up with something on the add-on itself
Otherwise my upgrade map would be looking like Upgrade XenForo - Upgrade official add-on - Upgrade third party add-on

No problem. We needed this ourselves so we built it. I noticed other people needed it to so I released it just in case they wanted to use it now :)

Top Bottom