Private Site ??

peter_s

1) I need to make my site accessible only to registered users who have logged in
2) registration will be done internally by an administrative user. No registration possible from the login form.
3) any documentation of other forums that have done this.

I've logged in as admin/admin. When I click on the link it just shows me an overlay of personal details and if click again loads the personal detail pages ...

Did you see my question about the editor and automatic saves?

Ahh -- dumb user strikes again -- didn't see the admin link at the very top of the page which works in the expected way.

So back to my question about the editor and the automatic saving ... ??

So back to my question about the editor and the automatic saving ... ??

You don't seem to have asked that, just these three (although I'm not sure they are questions)

1) I need to make my site accessible only to registered users who have logged in
2) registration will be done internally by an administrative user. No registration possible from the login form.
3) any documentation of other forums that have done this.

All of this is very simple.

Somehow a conversation got started and I posted the following there earlier -- gotta say some of t his interface is confusing ---

A question: out of the corner of my on the Artopia site, I saw a message 'Draft Saved' -- is that functionality really there meaning: when I start a post is a draft is automatically being saved in my user area which is kept until either I post, or explicitly choose the option to not post and delete the draft, or explicitly delete it from my user area at a later time? I can't tell you how many times I have had to rewrite posts because I for good reason or back moved away from the editor before explicitly posting or 'saving a draft' and if I save draft, it assumes I'm not posting so it kicks me out of the editor. All of this is solved if the save happens automatically and my exit options are given as post (and delete draft), don't post and keep draft, don't post and delete draft. That single feature would guarantee my purchasing the software today.

Somehow a conversation got started and I posted the following there earlier -- gotta say some of t his interface is confusing ---

If it was a conversation, then that would be between you and the other person in the conversation, we wouldn't know about it!

Yes the save draft happens automatically (I think possible after so many seconds or when you click on the icon). I would suggest you start a different thread about that though.

I've logged in as admin/admin. When I click on the link it just shows me an overlay of personal details and if click again loads the personal detail pages ...

Did you see my question about the editor and automatic saves?
You've logged into what? You don't appear to have a license for XenForo.

You should probably get your hands onto a license before you start setting up your site ;)

Top Bottom