1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Private Conversations - How to delete?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by onthefly, Oct 24, 2011.

1. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

How does one delete the private messages, can it only be done one by one or is there away to delete in larger quantities?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's not broken.

Leaving a conversation is the equivalent to deleting it from your inbox in other software.
    Once all participants have left the conversation, it is removed from the database.

Dean and Rob Fritz like this.
  5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I suspect he meant having the ability to mass-delete PCs, as opposed to one-by-one?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Mass editing tools are pencilled in for 1.2.

I'm not sure if that is just for the ACP or will also cover things such as this.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Good to know - thanks Paul. (y)

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Due to legal implications on certain sites, having the ability as site owner to not retain certain conversations is almost a must. If it's worth a discussion to not post anything that you shouldn't, is not one to have. Things that seem okay at one point might suddenly be part of a legal matter in the future that you can't anticipate.

9. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

It sure would be nice to have a little check box beside each message so one could check the ones they wanted to delete at once rather than one at a time :)

lazer likes this.
  10. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

+1 on this, after just having my VB DB imported to my test site....

11. Syndol

Syndol Guest