Prism - AntiVirus [Deleted]

It seems there are a couple reported issues with this addon, which is a shame because it is exactly what my forum needs. I would absolutely use this even if it's a paid addon, it could be an essential feature of my board. I am using Themehouse UIX 2 and when I installed Prism I got this error

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: No template type was provided. Provide template name in type:name format.
src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1224
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'No template typ...', '/home/***/...', 1224, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1224): trigger_error('No template typ...', 512)
#2 src/XF/ApprovalQueue/AbstractHandler.php(72): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('prism_antivirus...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: XF\ApprovalQueue\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\ApprovalQueue))
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(936): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/approval_queue.php(22): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(Prism\AntiVirus\ApprovalQueue\AttachmentDataStatus), 'render', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1246): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('approval_queue', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:ApprovalQueu...', 'public:approval...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(16) "/approval-queue/"
  ["referrer"] => string(41) "https://***.com/approval-queue/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I immediately recieved 3 items in my approval queue but just a blank page with a "Save" button when you click it. Any ideas on a fix?

I would love to see active development on this addon and for the attachment file type to be a filterable for scanning. Cross my fingers :)

Does anyone have this installed without errors? I would love to use this addon, I think many boards would benefit from it

I get the same errors... Disabled for now. Kind of a shame because I'm pretty sure we'd pay for this..

I spoke with Slavik in PM and he said this project was basically a Proof of Concept and without larger interest in the addon he doesn't plan on continuing development. It's too big a project for me to attempt to update unfortunately :(

If the project continues then I hope a different name will be chosen. One that is not synonymous with invasive data mining and exploits. Seeing that name in the page source or wherever will make people needlessly paranoid.

It would be nice to have an anti-virus addon which would work together with @xfrocks bd attachment store.

Last edited:
this project was basically a Proof of Concept and without larger interest in the addon he doesn't plan on continuing development.
Adding myself for interest and support for an AV solution in XF.

VirusTotal said:
The VirusTotal API must not be used in commercial products or services [ref]
... although this is a concern. I think it would apply for anyone with advertising on their sites?

Adding myself for interest and support for an AV solution in XF.

... although this is a concern. I think it would apply for anyone with advertising on their sites?

The public API is a free service, available for any website or application that is free to consumers. The API must not be used in commercial products or services, it can not be used as a substitute for antivirus products and it can not be integrated in any project that may harm the antivirus industry directly or indirectly.

As long as you don't restrict access to registration or the use of the add-on it should be fine potentially?

I couldn't find anything more definite than this.

good morning @ozzy47
when i found this addon i was very happy, but when i knew that you delete it am Really surprised.
so sir, why you do not Restrict the work of the tool to upload files to virus total and put the scan link into the thread only, and make the addon free.
am sure if you put the addon free You'll get the support you need.
otherwise, you can let the tool Paid, but with limit futures or with Trial period.

Top Bottom