Price required to group categories/forums together

ibaker

I am urgently after a developer to create a "paid for" mod for me that will make my site look and feel like it has separate forums for different geographic regions whilst also displaying a generic set of forums across all regions.

The main menu tab of "Forums" is replaced with several tabs, each one displaying to the user a Node List of different Categories/Forums. Some Categories of forums are generic across all (e.g. Cat: General Forums) and other Categories are specific to the specific user selected menu tab.

For example I have Main Menu Tabs of AUST, UK, USA

I have Categories (with each category containing forums/pages etc):
Cat 1 (General Forums) - Generic
Cat 2 (AUST)
Cat 3 (UK)
Cat 4 (USA)
Cat 5 (Other Forums) - Generic

User selects AUST main menu tab and the following categories of forums/pages are displayed:
Cat 1
Cat 2
Cat 5

User selects UK main menu tab and the following categories of forums/pages are displayed:
Cat 1
Cat 3
Cat 5

User selects USA main menu tab and the following categories of forums/pages are displayed:
Cat 1
Cat 4
Cat 5
etc

Notes:
1. The main menu tab specific to what is being displayed remains "Selected" (highlighted) as they do now
2. The What's New is specific to the forums displayed within the selected tab (optional price)
3. MUST BE SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY

The overall objective of the mod is to make a web site look and feel like it has separate groups of forums for different geographic regions or different subject matter etc for different users whilst at the same time making it easy for a site owner to have generic forums like announcements etc across all different groups of forums. A kind of pseudo multiple sites catering to different user's needs.

Other mods could be used to facilitate the use like Jakes "Nodes As Tabs" etc.

One idea I had was to use different Styles with code in templates to only display the specific categories. Would be great, easy and cheap to do but not sure how SEO friendly it would be or how to do the Main Menu Tabs and have them display as "Selected" to the specific user choice. If no one provides a price then I will have to go the different styles way.

Anyway, if you can help in developing a mod that will; do all this then please PC me a price...thanks

I think this would be a great mod and personally feel that many site users could avail themselves of it to create different subject matter categories on their sites

Top Bottom