Lack of interest Previewtoooltip

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

The Previewtooltip Template should be generated dynamic via js.

1. IMHO it's unnecessary to have a own template for this and to be addicted of this.
2. as you see here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-do-you-make-your-own-preview-tool-tip.18383/ it's causing troubles if you forget it
3. if you have >2 add-ons including the tooltip in the same page, you'll have >2 elements with the same id, and AFAIK you shouldn't have more elements on the same page with the same id (i know nothing will change, but...:p )

SOOOOOOOOOOOO
why not just create the "tooltip container"
Code:
<div id="PreviewTooltip">
  <span class="arrow"><span></span></span>

<div class="section">
  <div class="primaryContent previewContent">
  <span class="PreviewContents">Loading...</span>
  </div>
  </div>
  </div>
dynamic on the tooltip call?

This way
  • the add-on coders don't need to take care of this
  • You'll have really only 1 container (and not maybe more with some add-ons)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In my opinion we should have all the HTML code in templates because designers may choose to edit some elements there.

In my opinion we should have all the HTML code in templates because designers may choose to edit some elements there.
What would you want to change on the previewtooltip?
Colors size etc can be changed in the acp and you're not "allowed" to remove the id and classes in the template (because xenforo.js needs this to make the previewtooltip)

For example I want to add there some new elements like arrows (e.x. on radio forum I would like to add an antenna)

Top Bottom