• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Preventing vote brigading/multiple user logins

avi

Hey guys, I am working on a forum and votes/likes are going to play a big role. Its a community driven deals site like Slick Deals, users login and share a deal/discount coupon/sale happening online. You can have a look here to get a gist: http://slickdeals.net

So, when user shares a good deal and others find it useful, they will upvote/like. If not, if deal is not working then downvote/dislike. By each upvote you will get some points and which can be can be converted to money/bitcoin later.

I will make use of Post Ratings add on. However how do I prevent vote brigading? A user can create multiple logins and upvote his threads.. How do I detect it or prevent it.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There is no method for automatically detecting multiple accounts.

Even if there was, with different email addresses and dynamic IP addresses, it would be impossible to prove.

Martok

There are some multiple account detection add-ons in the resources section - search and you should find them. They may help but ultimately Brogan is right, you can't completely prevent this.

avi

thanks guys.

detection is also good for me. I don't mind looking at reports of suspicious accounts. Will look in resource section