1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Preventing anonymous/guest visitors from seeing the poll results?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by K Ozturk, Feb 28, 2013.

1. K Ozturk

K Ozturk Member

How do we turn off poll results visibility for certain user groups?
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure this is possible without restricting viewing access to posts (which you won't want to do). I may be wrong but I'm sure this will require an add-on to accomplish this.
  3. K Ozturk

K Ozturk Member

Yes that's right. As far as I can see there are no privacy settings available for polls, which sucks. Even though I untick that "display publicly" button, everyone can see the results.

That's very poor and clearly overlooked.

I am currently performing a participant purchase decision tendency survey for my business in my own forum, but all my competitors can see the results without even having to register. How professional is that?
  4. Shelley

Perhaps start a thread in the suggestions area and see if this was designed this way, it may be an oversight on the devs part and they may add it to their todo list. Alternatively, all I can suggest is request in the services area where I'm sure one of the coders may pick this up.
  5. K Ozturk

K Ozturk Member

6. Shelley

I'd Strongly suggest you request in the Requests area also. It wouldn't hurt in asking and would do as an alternative until something in the core is added or on the offchance it's not in the next update. There's been quite a few requests being filled by the community so it certainly would hurt trying as a temp solution.
  7. Marileah

Marileah Member

yes we do need it also, please hear our request xenforo