Lack of interest Prevent Quoting on Thread Post (First post of a Thread)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

yavuz

Some threads are very long. Pictures, videos etc. And when someone quotes just to thank the post owner it gets very ugly. After endless scrolling only to read "Thank you man, I appreciate it" makes me mad and it doesn't look good and makes the pages slower.

It would be nice if there were an option to disable quoting on thread posts or permission option to prevent specific usergroups from quoting thread posts.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Some threads are very long. Pictures, videos etc. And when someone quotes just to thank the post owner it gets very ugly...

What do you mean by this? Do you mean it will get ugly because if users are quoting a posting which has pictures and videos, those pictures and movies will be shown again and again and again
mad.png
everytime someone quotes a post with pictures or videos inside it?

What do you mean by this? Do you mean it will get ugly because if users are quoting a posting which has pictures and videos, those pictures and movies will be shown again and again and again :mad: everytime someone quotes a post with pictures or videos inside it?

Yes, my request is for the first post of a thread only since usally the longest post is the firts post. Just a disable option for the first post would suffice.

Yes, my request is for the first post of a thread only since usally the longest post is the firts post. Just a disable option for the first post would suffice.

Aha... then we are on the same line. But I believe XenForo should take it further and not only prevent it in relation to the first post, but in relation to every movie, picture, attachment that is quoted. As I expressed earlier overhere: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-alternate-representation-of-bbcodes.2864/#post-48646

Top Bottom