Prevent last post quoting

AndreaMarucci

Some time ago I've installed an addon in XF 1.1 that hide the quote button on the last post avoiding users replying using the quote button. Problem is that that addon hide the quote button on the last post of every thread page and this is not the correct behaviour since the button should be hidden only on the discussion's last post and not on the other pages.

Someone know if such an addon exist for Xenforo?

My mistake. Was not an addon but probably a conditional or something like that. Problem was that the behaviour was erratic as I've explained so I'm searching a way to make it works as it should. I'll try to search what I've implemented in 1.1...

Do you mean hiding the "Reply" link on the last post?
If so then you need to change the following line in post template:
Change
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
To
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canReply} AND {$post.post_id} != {$thread.last_post_id}">

Could anyone verify if this conditional still works in XenForo 1.5 or is there a better way to do this? If so, which template needs to be modified?

P.S. I would also be interested in preventing the first post in the thread from being quoted.

The same template as above, "post".

Any idea how to hide the button in the first AND last post?

Follow Syndol's instructions but change the code to:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$canReply} AND {$post.post_id} != {$thread.last_post_id} AND {$post.post_id} != {$thread.first_post_id}">

..which adds an extra check to make sure it's not the first post, as well as the last post.

I've tested this in 1.5 and it works.

Got the conditional installed, thanks. Unfortunately with this solution the quote button is hidden in the post before the last if you've just replied without refreshing the page.

Honestly an addon is easier, it adjusts the template automatically (using the template modification system) for you rather than manually doing it.

Top Bottom