• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Prevent Gender Change

James

This modification will prevent users from changing their gender once it has been set.

If a user's gender is unspecified, the user will be allowed to change their gender. Once a gender is specified (either male/female) the user cannot change their gender at all.

Installation Instructions
  • Download the attached zip file
  • Upload the library folder to your XF root
  • Install the addon-NoGenderChange.xml by going to ACP -> Install Add-on
Uninstallation Instructions
  • Uninstall the Prevent Gender Change add-on from your ACP -> List Add-ons
  • Delete the NoGenderChange directory from the library directory
Notes
This add-on uses one phrase named NoGenderChange_cannot_change_gender_once_set which you are free to edit at leisure.
Feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy :)

Attachments

Can someone confirm this bug with this mod enabled:
Changing/Adding/Deleting Identity Services doesn't work.

I've experienced it on my install, looking at a fix but I'm baffled atm!

James getting a few database errors on 1.0.3

all-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

library/NoGenderChange/ControllerPublic/Account.php:16

James getting a few database errors on 1.0.3

all-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

library/NoGenderChange/ControllerPublic/Account.php:16
Will look into this tomorrow. In the meantime, can you remove the ampersand from &$errors in the function parameters and see if that resolves it?

I wonder, is this add-on still required in 1.1?

I noticed that the Custom User Fields video (02:02) shows an option for "Editable only once", and wondered if this could now be used on the Gender field as stock? I don't have 1.1 so can't look into it myself.. :coffee:

Gender isn't a custom user field, plus this add-on needs updating and bugfixing which is on my list.

I was aware of that, but wondered if the functionality had been extended to non-custom fields.

I'm using 1.0.2, so haven't run in to the reported bugs with the add-on.. :)

I moved host, and appear to have bumped in to the above mentioned error.
I don't know if you've now bumped in to it youself and have the full error, but I noticed it wasn't posted here, so...

In full;
Code:
An exception occurred: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /public_html/library/NoGenderChange/ControllerPublic/Account.php on line 16

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 852
XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 397
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 402
XenForo_FrontController->_getValidatedController() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 302
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/index.php at line 13
I can also confirm that removing the ampersand from two instances of &$errors doesn't work.

Top Bottom