1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presale: Interchangeable login credential from XF Forum to a dating site and vice versa

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ABm4m, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ABm4m

ABm4m New Member

I'm hoping to set up a dating site and I'm somewhat new to PHP programming.
    I'm just wondering if there's a way to upload user data such as email used for login and password to Xenforo using database export of some sort. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is possible, it would be via the same methods of the import system.

There isn't a tutorial however so you would be going in this very much on your own. If you are new to PHP, then you would definitely need to hire a XenForo developer to make it work for you as it wouldn't be an easy.
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Maybe use a Wordpress dating script ? + XenWord + Xenforo ?
    (FYI, I dont know of a dating script for Wordpress) ... I would check if I were you.

Xenforo Dating threads:

all found via this search.

Hope they help ! Try contacting some of the Dating site keeners from those threads via PM ?
  4. ABm4m

ABm4m New Member

Thanks so much guys. Right now I just bought Datingscript.com Software and I hope to integrate Xenforo with it. I've tried some Wordpress dating theme but I find it kinda buggy on my shared server. Slavik, thanks for your recommendation. I'm just starting things out and will need to play around for awhile to figure things out. For now, it's good to do research.