XF 1.5 Preparing to upgrade from XF1 to XF2 - Addons upgrade question

Chernabog

Okay..so I am preparing to do my upgrade to XF2 :: excited face :: .....as per recommendation from the manual, I have gone ahead and uninstalled any XF1 add-on that I know does not have a XF2 version to upgrade to or that I am no longer using to clean up the database.

I have also disabled the remaining add-ons that DO have a XF2 version.

My question is this.... BEFORE I start my upgrade should I enabled those add-ons again and then just run the add-on upgrade to the XF2 version after my upgrade is done? Or can I leave them disabled, hoping that under XF2, I can re-enable them to upgrade to their XF2 counterpart?

Any insight is welcome...I don't want to make a mistake.... @Brogan what do you say is best?

Thank you!

Last edited:
It doesn't matter because upon upgrading to XF2 they will get disabled - you won't be able to enable them again until you upgrade the legacy addons to actual XF2 ones.

Thank you, I got it and I am upgraded....loving it! You can tell a ton of work and effort went into this. XenForo proves themselves to be a step above the rest in community portal creation.

I did notice a typo under user registration in case anyone is interested..see text below:

If enabled, an avatar will >by< dynamically created for users without a custom avatar. This will include a letter and a color based on their username. If disabled, all users without an avatar will receive a default placeholder.

Top Bottom