XF 1.5 "Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared"

Daniel Hood

Well-known member
First time I've ever seen this error. I thought, based on the stack trace, maybe it was a corrupted table and I'd have to repair the session table. It only happened once though so I don't think that's the problem. Add-ons are not disabled but none appear in the stack trace. Happened on the forum index.

I'm not reporting as a bug because I can't replicate it and I'm not sure it's a bug or maybe just a really random issue.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 1:41 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xen/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/xen/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/xen/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(855): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_session', Array)
#4 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(573): XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource('0491ca79b8b940a...', false)
#5 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(414): XenForo_Session->save()
#6 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(358): XenForo_Controller->updateSession(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'XenForo_Control...', 'Index')
#7 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(358): XenForo_Controller->postDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), 'XenForo_Control...', 'Index')
#8 /home/xen/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/xen/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}


Well-known member
I just got this in the error log for the first time ever and we just moved to a new server with MariaDB 10.1. We've been on MySQL 5.5 for years previously and I don't remember ever seeing this error.