"Premium" Membership

Shinracorp

Here's a suggestion I thought it was neat :P

Say there are two sorts of membership: Free and Premium...

Free can get any resources he wants but is downloading at X speed (fixed download speed) and if there are commercial resources he pays the full price of it.

Premium however gets unlimited speed download, gets to be part of the "critic" review group and may or may not get discounts on commercial resources.

It was just an idea I have in my head. Hope someone here likes it :)

Upvote 13
This was a suggestion I was just coming here to post.

The ability for the admin to set up pricing groups based on user groups (like maybe pricing group A is made up of 3 different user groups). Then resource uploaders could optionally assign a price to each group (or just leave the standard pricing for all users). Then the price to the user ends up being the lowest price based on all the user groups they are in.

This would allow all sorts of flexibility... you could offer resources that are free or discounted to a paid premium member group, but normal users could still one-off purchase them if they needed just one. You could have a special reviewers usergroup that resource uploaders could optionally allow them to download their stuff for free by setting a price to $0 for that price tier, etc.

This was a suggestion I was just coming here to post.

The ability for the admin to set up pricing groups based on user groups (like maybe pricing group A is made up of 3 different user groups). Then resource uploaders could optionally assign a price to each group (or just leave the standard pricing for all users). Then the price to the user ends up being the lowest price based on all the user groups they are in.

This would allow all sorts of flexibility... you could offer resources that are free or discounted to a paid premium member group, but normal users could still one-off purchase them if they needed just one. You could have a special reviewers usergroup that resource uploaders could optionally allow them to download their stuff for free by setting a price to $0 for that price tier, etc.
+1 this.

Top Bottom