Lack of interest Prefixes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So if I wanted to set up a prefix for just the RM, say, I'd have to go set it up in two different places? That... seems frustrating.

And still doesn't cover the utter mess that would be made during upgrade to support this, probably in a way that couldn't be reconciled to the perfect layout being described. Great for new sites, though.

So if I wanted to set up a prefix for just the RM, say, I'd have to go set it up in two different places? That... seems frustrating.
Just throwing out ideas, but there are ways around it.
Maybe a text box that autofilled as you type (from the master list) - if you typed something that didn't exist then it would be created when you submit.

As for the merge, that wouldn't be difficult. As each module updated, search for a master prefix with the same text and if a match found batch update the prefix id for all the relevant items.

Personally, for me, it is MUCH easier to go into the "app" I am working on and find ALL my prefixes already defined there, and it is MUCH easier to add them into that area.
As I stated before, there are some areas that I use the SAME prefix for different add-ons. But in each add-on they are styled differently. I really don't see how that can easily be done without having multiple listings of a Prefix in a "master list" with the associated confusion that would entail unless one added the add-on as a prefix/suffix to the CSS styling, such as prefix_general_XFRM and prefix_general_SC and prefix_general_CAS and so on and so on.
Can it be done? Probably?
Does it necessarily need to be done? Doubtful as it WOULD interfere with an existing workflow.

Top Bottom