Implemented Prefixes for Resources

erich37

Prefixes for Resources:

This might not be required here at xenforo.com website, but this would really be required for my usage of the RM.
The "Country Prefixes" in the attached mockup are examples only.

This Prefix is set by the Resource Author (when creating a "Resource") and also applies to the respective "Resource Discussions" thread.

Ability to "filter" Resources by "Prefix" (as we already have for Threads in Forums) would give this another level for the RM.

prefix_for_resource.gif

prefix_for_resource2.gif

Upvote 30
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Resource Discussion threads are posted in forums, and you have the ability to define prefixes for those forums. Permissions based thread title editing extends to prefixes, so that is already possible.

Troofs! But currently there's no way for the resource creator to select the destination forum for the discussion portion of that resource, correct?

No. That is defined by the admin.

Gotcha... I've been reading through number of threads trying to lay out a suggestion for the resource manager. You may have seen it. It incorporates several ideas that I've read in these forums.

I do see what you mean about the prefixes though. They're based upon the category that the resource creator selects when they create the resource. That method (the current one) may even be better in the grand scheme of things. It would separate resource created threads from discussion threads so long as all of the resource related tags existed in the destination forum.

What's more is that those tags can be made 'staff selectable only' so that the resource manager would be able to apply that specific tag but the user wouldn't.

Might serve to set resource generated discussions apart if discussion destination forum were selectable.

Just thinking out loud here.

Top Bottom