XF 1.4 Prefix

Ernest L. Defoe

I am using this code posted by @Sheldon on another site but I am wanting to add a color background around the icon and text. How would I achieve that?

This is the current code:
.prefixSuggestion:before {
content: "\f01c";
font-family: FontAwesome;
padding-right: 4px;
}

That only put the color behind the FA icon. This is the code as it stands right now. This is what puts the color behind the FA icon and nothing else.

.prefixNews:before {
background-color: #ee2f2f;
content: "\f1ea";
font-family: FontAwesome;
padding-right: 4px;
}

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 9.56.30 PM.webp

I need to to also include the word in this case News as well.

@tajhay I got it sorted. I had to do a work around to be able to keep the FA icon and do the coloring. Basically each prefix calls for two different css codes. One for the color and one for the icon. Thankfully I am not going to be using alot of prefixes or it could get confusing.

@tajhay I got it sorted. I had to do a work around to be able to keep the FA icon and do the coloring. Basically each prefix calls for two different css codes. One for the color and one for the icon. Thankfully I am not going to be using alot of prefixes or it could get confusing.
yes i know. i was on mobile when trying to help....note the suggestion i gave you...it didnt have the before selector part...The icon is done with a before selector. The prefix name maintains the attributes for the entire element.

.prefixSuggestion (NO :BEFORE SELECTOR) {
background-color: #(hex code here);
}

Top Bottom