Prefix permission for users

Geiri

I am allowing some users to add into Resources but the Prefix field does not show for them.
I can't find any additional setting for prefixes. What am I overlooking?

I haven't used the Resource Manager before so I'm just assuming it's set up like thread prefixes.

If you go to Forums -> Thread prefixes then click on a prefix, it'll open up the prefix edit page. On that page there is a Usable by user groups setting. Assuming there is something similar for resources, maybe the group you're adding them to, in order for them to have permissions to add the resources doesn't also give them the permission to use the prefix? Or maybe the prefix isn't able to be used in the category they're adding to? Again, I'm not sure on the exact process here, so I'm just trying to help the best I can without actually being able to look at it for myself.

I haven't used the Resource Manager before so I'm just assuming it's set up like thread prefixes.
Correct :)

If you go to Forums -> Thread prefixes then click on a prefix, it'll open up the prefix edit page. On that page there is a Usable by user groups setting. Assuming there is something similar for resources,
Correct :)

Admin CP >> Resources >> Resource prefixes >> click on a Resource Prefix (or add a resource prefix if you haven't added any yet).

Resource Prefixes use the same shared admin templates, so they have the same types of basic inputs, one being Usable by user groups. Works the same as it does for Thread Prefixes.

Also has an Applicable categories setting (similar to the Applicable forums setting for Thread Prefixes).

Selection_604.png

I have but In this case I only applied all permission straight to user. I did not change his group status. Which might be the cause of this.
So the prefix must be a user group permission only.

I have but In this case I only applied all permission straight to user. I did not change his group status. Which might be the cause of this.
So the prefix must be a user group permission only.
In that case, I'd just set the prefixes to "All user groups", then just apply the prefixes to the categories you want them to be usable in.

Top Bottom