Lack of interest Prefix group display order different per forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

frm

The prefix groups should have a display order on the parent level (prefix groups) with a display order per node overriding that.

There could be node-specific prefixes in a group that are out of order and can be chosen first before a general/catch all one is selected which appears at the top.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just create a second group with the same prefixes in a different order.
I personally believe that would be overkill when you have the option to select the prefixes from the groups within the node properties.

Merely place a Display order next to the groups you intend on using prefixes from in that node and call it a day (obviously more intricate than that, but ensures that there aren't 1000 prefixes when there could be 500).

Overkill how? You don't have to technically re-add the prefix you just select it since already exists. So if you have 2 nodes with the same prefixes but you want a different order, let's say one node is Ford the other is Chevy, create your two prefix groups, add your prefixes to Ford, and in Chevy, select, and re-order. Easy peasy.

Overkill how? You don't have to technically re-add the prefix you just select it since already exists. So if you have 2 nodes with the same prefixes but you want a different order, let's say one node is Ford the other is Chevy, create your two prefix groups, add your prefixes to Ford, and in Chevy, select, and re-order. Easy peasy.
Then two prefix groups will be shown for the user to select from, for as long as Ford and Chevy are in different groups, not one. This example would be much more confusing if the group that Ford was in was "Parts" and the group that Chevy was in was "Car ratings" for a forum node related to general automaker discussion.

I think I've figured out a solution here by just making the Display order for general prefixes to be 1 or 9999 and administrative/mod 10000. Then node-specific prefixes and general prefixes can be displayed. If we ever do want to include auto manufacturer prefixes, we could then group Ford and Chevy together for its own group and have it perhaps 9000 to be above moderation, but below the forum.

Seems less of a hassle than rearranging per node as it would keep the same general order.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your request, as, my solution was based on the same prefixes in different nodes but a different order.

Top Bottom