Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering

Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering [Paid] 2.5.4

No permission to buy (£25.00)
This isn't working on XF 2.1? Node List: Last Post Prefix

Or XF itself has it already built-in?

How can we display the total threads on each prefix as tool tip?
Also right now thousands has no ,/comma separator.

Thanks!

Bug on this feature.
On the forum listing/index, there are menu items to view all threads prefixed with each prefix.

Some threads are included even if they don't have any prefix.

Why is it I can't use and display
<xf:include template="prefixess_forumlist_prefixes" />

Outside forum list?
Like Pages.

nice addon :)

one thing i noticed which seems missing however....

"Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering" works on main forum home page only, and not on individual forum category pages :(

so its main page, or thread lists....nothing in between.....

can you fix that please? it will be a much better tool then...i am not sure if it is a bug or why it isnt working for us

thank you

I noticed it doesnt display the prefix groups in forum view (with the thread lists). Was little disappointed. It would be really useful if you could allow "Show Prefix group above the thread list" @Stuart Wright

Using XF 2.1

Last edited:
I noticed it diesnt display the prefix groups in forum view (with the thread lists). Was little disappointed. I assume this is as designed - but it would be really useful if you could allow "Show Prefix group above the thread list" @Stuart Wright

Using XF 2.1
I assume you're talking about showing the prefix groups in the individual forum pages showing the list of threads? How would that work?
Seems more useful to show all the prefixes so you can quickly click them to filter by them.
So no, it has only ever displayed the groups on the forum list 'home page'.

I assume you're talking about showing the prefix groups in the individual forum pages showing the list of threads? How would that work?
Seems more useful to show all the prefixes so you can quickly click them to filter by them.
So no, it has only ever displayed the groups on the forum list 'home page'.
I see this option
"Show Prefix group above the thread list for filtering"

What does this do?

Last edited:
I see this option
"Show Prefix group above the thread list for filtering"

What does this do?
It shows your prefixes above your thread lists (where you can filter them by clicking them). Enable it and visit a node that uses prefixes and you'll see them at the top of your threads. ;)

Last edited:
It shows your prefixes above your thread lists (where you can filter them by clicking them). Enable it and visit a node that uses prefixes and you'll see them at the top of your threads. ;)
Doesn't show prefix group menu like it says it would.

You asked what it did, I told you. You'll have to talk to Xon if you want him to rename it to what you consider a more accurate description.
You have not taken my question in the right context. If you see the flow of posts, you will notice what I meant. I want it to do what the description says. @Xon your comments?

Anyways, I have uninstalled this addon. @Stuart Wright I have sent you a pm on m2n.

You have not taken my question in the right context. If you see the flow of posts, you will notice what I meant. I want it to do what the description says. @Xon your comments?

Anyways, I have uninstalled this addon. @Stuart Wright I have sent you a pm on m2n.
Well, one might wonder why, if you ask what seems a simple, direct question, I should have to read a bunch of previous comments to be sure I know exactly what you're asking. I mean, if you already knew what the option did, why ask?

I think you're getting hung up on the wording of the options. I can understand this to some extent, because the options being named exactly the same might lead one to believe they do exactly the same thing. But if you think about it, they actually do do what they say: they both filter prefixes by group, or show prefix groups for filtering, however you want to put it. The difference is that the ones on the forum list sort by prefix group for the entire site, whereas the ones on nodes filter by prefix group only for the node. So the former is sorted with drop-down menus because, presumably, there could be a lot more prefixes to sort and they have to be accommodated in limited space; and the latter, because presumably there will be a lot less of them, can simply be spread out across the top of threads, giving users the easiest access to them in a visually pleasing style. (Plus, there's the filtering menu in nodes where you can pick multiple prefixes to filter by if you have Xon's multi-prefix addon.) I suppose he could rename the forum list option to something like, "Show Prefix group above the forum list for site-wide filtering" and the the threads option to something like, "Show Prefix group above the thread list for node-only filtering" and that would be that.

EDIT: Or, I'll give you this, it might be better for him just to remove the word "group" from the second option, because prefixes used on a node might belong to various XF prefix groups - as opposed to just using the word in the more general sense of grouping things together. :)

Last edited:
Is this compatible with XF2.1?
Looking to know too!
This isn't working on XF 2.1? Node List: Last Post Prefix

Or XF itself has it already built-in?

This works on 2.1.

Thanks!
Tooltip? Might be a simple template edit. I wouldn't know how, though.
The thousands thing should be a quick fix @Xon?

Bug on this feature.

I haven't seen that problem. Can you link to an example of where it happens, please?

Outside forum list?
Like Pages.
Don't know, sorry. I'm not a Xenforo coder. @Xon?

I remove the total count display, I hope I did it right.
View attachment 195771
Again, I have no idea, sorry.

nice addon :)

one thing i noticed which seems missing however....

"Show Prefix group above the node list for filtering" works on main forum home page only, and not on individual forum category pages :(

so its main page, or thread lists....nothing in between.....

can you fix that please? it will be a much better tool then...i am not sure if it is a bug or why it isnt working for us

thank you
It should read Show prefix above the node list for filtering
I'll get @Xon to fix that, sorry.
Doesn't show prefix group menu like it says it would.
I can ask what's involved in having it do that as an option.

Reactions: rdn

I can ask what's involved in having it do that as an option.
actually...i prefer the "prefix group" dropdowns over individual prefixes like in the thread list view page.....which i also like as is....

what i would like to see improved tho is that clicking on a "sub category" i.e. a forum with other forums inside it, but not the main page...should also list the prefix group dropdown menu....right now it is vacant on only this view page.....

Thanks!
Tooltip? Might be a simple template edit. I wouldn't know how, though.
The thousands thing should be a quick fix @Xon?
This should be a simple template edit.

Add this before the $prefixUsageCount usage;
Code:
<xf:set var="$prefixUsageCount" value="{{ $prefixUsageCount|number }}" />

Bug on this feature.

I haven't seen that problem. Can you link to an example of where it happens, please?
If you are using MultiPrefix, this implies some threads don't have their prefix links working properly. I've got an XF1 script which fixes any missing links, but I haven't yet ported it to XF2.

Outside forum list?
Like Pages.
Don't know, sorry. I'm not a Xenforo coder. @Xon?
The list of prefixes is only populated when viewing the forum list. Converting to using a widget would fix this, but requires time.

I remove the total count display, I hope I did it right.
View attachment 195771
Should work

Will look into fixing that

Reactions: rdn
This should be a simple template edit.

Add this before the $prefixUsageCount usage;
This guide is for
or
thousands has no ,/comma separator.

If you are using MultiPrefix, this implies some threads don't have their prefix links working properly. I've got an XF1 script which fixes any missing links, but I haven't yet ported it to XF2.
Yes I have MP addon since XF 1.5 and now 2.1.
I'll wait for that fix.
The list of prefixes is only populated when viewing the forum list. Converting to using a widget would fix this, but requires time.
This is useful for forums that do not use forum list as homepage.

Thanks!

Is it possible to only show the prefix filter in a certain node?

I would really like to use this in strictly our classifieds section.

Top Bottom