XF 2.1 Prefix-defined, per-thread permissions

allant

Hi. So we're in the midst of setting up our message board and we have some peculiar desires to that end.
It would be very useful to us if there was a way to flag threads as private by using, for example, a prefix.
The fact that certain prefixes already can be restricted in use to certain user groups is perfect in combination with this and would allow us to
keep public and private threads mixed.

For better context, let's call it a photography/location-scout board.
Registered users have access to a category node called something like "places of interest".
In this category node, there is one forum node for each part of the country.
If a set of photos was taken in a certain part, you'd post your thread accordingly.
By rule you must provide a more accurate location in the thread title.

Now, if for whatever reason a high tier user would prefer to restrict a location+photoset to other high tier users, he/she would simply pick the appropriate 'Restricted' prefix. Right now we'd have to duplicate the entire 'Places' category with all its nodes and make that private.
It's a bit excessive and cumbersome. I've searched a bit for addons, and I only found one that came close, but it required the author to invite specific members each time.

Thanks for reading, I hope there's something clever we have missed. At least, it's a feature suggestion.

Top Bottom