XF 2.1 Prefix Creation

Straydog

I admit I am not the most skilled with Xenforo yet but I would like users to be able to create their own prefix for a given post. It seems to me that no matter how many I create there is always one lacking.

Is this possible either through the ACP or a modification? I did not find anything via search other than old topics but may not have phrased the question appropriately.

I thought that might be the case. Any plans to change this? I always seems we are lacking a few here and there.
I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing to have an admin permission to allow users to create their own, along with a limit on how many they could create, etc., but I think that on the whole there would be a strong tendency for it to get out of control, especially on larger, more frequented forums. I have a hard enough time trying to restrain myself when it comes to creating them, because I don't users to be overwhelmed with a wall of choices. I can only imagine if I were to allow dozens or hundreds of others to add to them. o_O

EDIT: Doesn't hurt, though, to encourage users to suggest any they think might be especially useful.

Top Bottom