Potential issues with site-wide SSL

I actually dumped the free Cloudflare so I could use SSL cheaply. CF never really provided me with much noticeable benefit. The limiting factor seems to be dynamic pages, which CF does not cache. And after dropping CF and adding SSL, my site actually is a bit faster. YMMV. I'm on a 2GB Linode ~200 "Members online now", ~5,000 to 10,000 visitors a day, not that big compared to some.,
Yeah I switched to Incapsula simply for the SSL certificate lol.

I actually dumped the free Cloudflare so I could use SSL cheaply. CF never really provided me with much noticeable benefit. The limiting factor seems to be dynamic pages, which CF does not cache. And after dropping CF and adding SSL, my site actually is a bit faster. YMMV. I'm on a 2GB Linode ~200 "Members online now", ~5,000 to 10,000 visitors a day, not that big compared to some.,

Update: I bit the bullet and upgraded to the paid Cloudflare with SSL. I'm very happy with it, especially after installing [bd] Cache, the site works much better under heavy load (which for me is anything over 30,000 page views in day). Cloudflare and [bd] Cache reduces the 20+ requests per page to about 1.

Top Bottom