XF 1.5 Posts not going to Moderation Queue

We have a situation where when we give a warning to put posts in the mod queue, the warning shows, and the mod queue box is checked in administration, but the posts still show publicly and do not go into the queue. Is this a permissions issue? And if so, what should the permissions be set to?

Unfortunately, I don't understand what setup you're referring to, particularly by "warning to put posts in the mod queue". Giving a warning won't return a post to the mod queue (at best, it can be deleted while giving the warning).

Can you explain the specific setup you have and what you want to happen?

Hi...

Within our warning system, we have one warning that puts user's posts in the moderation queue. When a member joins that we suspect may be a spammer, or if a member is someone that we need to monitor, we issue that warning. What is happening now is that the warning posts to the member's account. That warning goes to adm. and shows as being active on that members user page. But, instead of going into the queue, when the member posts it is public. The post should go into the queue when this warning is issued.

This system has worked in the past. But stopped working... I'm guessing within the last two months. I didn't notice it until we had a spammer that claimed to have hacked our system. Whether that was the case or the mod queue warning wasn't working for us.. I'm not sure.

Hopefully I've explained a bit better?

Last edited:
I get what your saying I have it set to move a user to requires moderation and have placed can submit content without approval now I add the user to the group and they are a registered use some how it doesn't allow me to require their posts to be approved. I got around it by setting that user group to NEVER FOR SUBMIT CONTENT WOTHOUT APPROVAL

Last edited:
So this warning is configured to add the user to a particular group? Can you confirm that? If not, then nothing would automatically happen from a particular warning being applied (unless there is a warning action as well).

If so, what permissions are you changing in this group? You would have to set "Follow message moderation rules" to never to do what you're expecting.

So this warning is configured to add the user to a particular group? Can you confirm that? If not, then nothing would automatically happen from a particular warning being applied (unless there is a warning action as well).

If so, what permissions are you changing in this group? You would have to set "Follow message moderation rules" to never to do what you're expecting.
That's how I fixed it :)

This is exactly what we have done. We have a user group that is called Moderation Queue. Members then are put into this group when the warning is given. The 'follow message moderation rules' is set to yes. And the other permissions within that group are set to No (Inherited). Is there something else I should be doing?

Top Bottom