Not a bug Posting large filesize/HD gifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Chamber

Hello,

I have several gifs that are 1280×720 and are between 90MB-99MB in size, that every time I add them to a post I'm working on, the are resized [drastically smaller] and lowered in visual quality.

Can this be fixed or is there a setting that can allow these larger HD gifs to appear in their original resolution & visual quality?

This is most likely working as designed - images are resized to the maximum dimensions you have configured.
If you do not want this to happen you would have to increase the limits.

If you instead only want to increase the limits for animated GIFs, that would require custom code.

That being said, animated GIFs with a size of 90+ MB are just insane - you really would want them to be videos at this size.

This is most likely working as designed - images are resized to the maximum dimensions you have configured.
If you do not want this to happen you would have to increase the limits.

If you instead only want to increase the limits for animated GIFs, that would require custom code.

That being said, animated GIFs with a size of 90+ MB are just insane - you really would want them to be videos at this size.
For the purpose of an Official Topic on a forum, gifs are the best implementation on the format to create the desired aesthetic.

I could decrease the resolution, but with that comes a decrease in visual fidelity as well.

For the purpose of an Official Topic on a forum, gifs are the best implementation on the format to create the desired aesthetic.
Unless of course they are an unrealistic size for a forum post. But it wouldn’t appear to be a bug anyway.

Last edited:
We can only provide support to licensed customers. If you are licensed, please add your forum username to the Forum users page in your Account area and then post in the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom