Postbit

Because it's not designed to show them. You'll find that information on your member card when you click on the avatar, and in the profile.

theezy you do have the option to choose additional options in your own admin panel. You can also preview some of it using the bottom left style chooser: Kitchen Sink

I know that you can find it by clicking on their username, I would think that information would be displayed right off the bat without having to change settings or picking a different skin.

I know that you can find it by clicking on their username, I would think that information would be displayed right off the bat without having to change settings or picking a different skin.
Altho it shows in some skins, by leaving it clean on the default, it allows owners to choose which way to show it.

My personal opinion, I much prefer the cleaner look of the default.

Surely a new community member who is totally unaware of XF but experienced in other softwares would expect to find their post count / other information in a familiar spot without having to do anything.

Surely a new community member who is totally unaware to XF but experienced in other softwares would expect to find their post count / other information in a familiar spot without having to do anything.
We are all fairly new community members since this forum only opened the last part of July. I've only been here three months. No one exceeds four months by more than a couple of days. After the initial "where did it go" feeling, I found I prefered it and now, going to other software, their's seems too busy/cluttered.

Surely a new community member who is totally unaware of XF but experienced in other softwares would expect to find their post count / other information in a familiar spot without having to do anything.

If you think it will bother your members, then set the options on, it's no big deal, but most of us relish the fact that all that crud has been removed :)

Fortunately for those who like it.. there is the option.

It grows on you, extremely quick... I even made a huge thread requesting the features to be optional and to be honest... I have yet to enable those extra features on the post bit :)

Many forum go-er's I know are completely illiterate when it comes to adjusting their settings and doing anything slightly "technical." I am thinking about those people, they prefer something as user friendly as possible.

It just seems a little weird that a software would intentionally not include this information by default. Instead one would think a software would have an option to not include this information as a setting in the ACP.

Just my observations. Not really a big deal, I don't even own an XF license. :P

It's not a forum user setting, rather a per-style setting, configured in the ACP.

So if that forum owner decides to have it all on by default then they can do so.
The users don't need to do anything.

acp_message_elements.webp

It just seems a little weird that a software would intentionally not include this information by default. Instead one would think a software would have an option to not include this information as a setting in the ACP.

Just my observations. Not really a big deal, I don't even own an XF license. :p

XF was designed to be a minimalistic software. That goes for both the style, and the layout. Clean, sharp, and uncluttered. The whole point of XF is to keep the users' focus on the forum, not on people's post counts, locations, age, and other nonsensical information. If they really must know all of that, there's the profile and the member card, both only one click away.

Personally, I care more about the quality of someone's posts, not how many posts they've made.

Well said Peggy.

As stated within the thread, and to include the postbit data it's optional. You like it enable it, you don't like it keep it disabled. The simplest solution there is known to humankind.

Top Bottom