Add-on Post Requirement to see Node? (is there an add-on)?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 91401
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 91401

Is there an add-on for this? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anything in relation to being able to make people have a certain amount of posts before they can see/view a node.

You can do that with a user group promotion.

I'm aware, but that would involve creating a new usergroup, editing all the permissions for the current member usergroup on my current nodes, then setting permissions again for the new usergroup, then setting the promotion up its just all long winded.

I'm aware, but that would involve creating a new usergroup, editing all the permissions for the current member usergroup on my current nodes, then setting permissions again for the new usergroup, then setting the promotion up its just all long winded.
It's not complicated at all. You'd simply have to:

1. Create a new secondary user group
  2. Set the nodes you want the new user group to see to private nodes, then set the View node permission in these nodes for this new user group only to Allow (no need to do anything with the other user groups)
  3. Set up the user group promotion to add users to the new user group based on your required criteria

That's it. It should take a matter of minutes.

There's no need to touch any of the other permissions of the user groups unless you are giving any extra permissions to the new user group. Their permissions can all be left as Not Set (No) as users will get their permissions from the Registered group (which should be their primary user group).

Last edited:
Top Bottom