Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi, I just now Purchased this Great Add-On but still unable to download. Can Someone help and guide :(

The last thing I need before buy is the spam control... Is it now included? I didn't read last 5/6 pages of the thread and a search for "spam" keyword didn't help.

Is it possible to enable/disable per usergroups the permission to give negative rating? (it can be usefull for troublesome users, VIP memberships, newbie, etc)
If soam control is already included, is it possible to give different "wait time" per usergroups?
Is it possible already, for admin, mass delete rating of a specific user? (trolling/spamming).

It can be usefull update the description with a list of the available permissions settings.

Dark, just to let you know as I'm not sure you saw my original post about this error but when viewing someones profile that has no ratings this appears at the top of the page:
Code:
Template Errors: dark_postrating_member_totals
Division by zero in /public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 59:
58: {
59: $__compilerVar1 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_positive" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['positive'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['positive'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
60: }
Division by zero in /public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 63:
62: {
63: $__compilerVar1 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_neutral" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
64: }

Dark, just to let you know as I'm not sure you saw my original post about this error but when viewing someones profile that has no ratings this appears at the top of the page:
Code:
Template Errors: dark_postrating_member_totals
Division by zero in /public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 59:
58: {
59: $__compilerVar1 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_positive" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['positive'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['positive'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
60: }
Division by zero in /public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 63:
62: {
63: $__compilerVar1 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_neutral" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
64: }

Yep my post above this is the same issue.

We have a large installation using this plugin and people are spamming negative ratings as revenge.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

We have a large installation using this plugin and people are spamming negative ratings as revenge.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Two possible solutions:

- add the users to a group with no access to negative ratings (whitelist the negative ratings to all other groups)
- add the users to a group with access to post new ratings blocked via xenforo Group Permissions

As for cleaning up the ratings, you can simply delete all the ratings posted by a certain user with an sql query: (replace 123 with their id)

Code:
delete from dark_postrating where user_id=123

The system is designed so this will have immediate effect, though you will need to use the Recount option in the ACP to update totals.

Is there some automated way to deal with this? I'm sure forums like Facepunch don't manually rateban every user, do they?

Is there some automated way to deal with this? I'm sure forums like Facepunch don't manually rateban every user, do they?

As far as I know they share my view of completely ignoring it and just letting people get on with it, though this depends on the type of audience your forum is aimed at

A flood prevention system is planned though to make it slightly more difficult (or at least slow abusers down), but until then unfortunately the only choice is manual prevention if it's causing a major issue.

This is a really popular plugin with my community.

A different person in the company processed the purchase of the plugin, and now there's been an update. As the party responsible for the site, wow do I get the update file?

This is a really popular plugin with my community.

A different person in the company processed the purchase of the plugin, and now there's been an update. As the party responsible for the site, wow do I get the update file?

The updated files are sent via email based on the email you used when purchasing the plugin. Check your spam folders as well just in case.

If not, then PC DarkImmortal to straighten it out.

I purchased this add-on last night but have not yet received the email with the attached product (although I did get my receipt email from PayPal). I sent DarkImmortal a PM about it earlier this morning but have not received a reply yet. I was wondering how long does it usually take to get the add-on after you make your purchase?

I purchased this add-on last night but have not yet received the email with the attached product (although I did get my receipt email from PayPal). I sent DarkImmortal a PM about it earlier this morning but have not received a reply yet. I was wondering how long does it usually take to get the add-on after you make your purchase?

Sorry again about that, you tripped my anti-piracy system for some reason - I've sent you the zip now :)

Top Bottom