Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I love this plugin. When I try to change pixel size and use different images though, they fall out of the container. How can I change the bar dimensions where the summary of your likes/whatever is shown under the post?

I just purchased and installed this on XF 1.5.14 but the icons are not showing up @ all in posts. I do see the new items in member profiles, but nothing in the actual posts except a "Like x3" etc. if likes already exist. Help please! @Luke F

I'm not sure what patch. I updated tapatalk and the addon. Can you elaborate more please?

You can find this patch about the Tapatalk 'like' problem on the forums of tapatalk.
Except that TT converted away from XF and lost all attachments, plus old links don't redirect, these guys...
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=33920&p=188578#p188578

I am reluctant to patch post ratings as it is another thing I have to remember to do if Luke posts an update. Plus if post ratings doesn't actually have anything wrong with it, then Tapatalk should be patched instead. So my question is does post ratings contain deficient code which this patch fixes? If so is @Luke F going to fix it as part of the next update?
Yes I will be adding an equivalent change in the next update. It's not strictly a bug, just a fragile workaround to maintain compatibility that no longer detects tapatalk correctly
According to ^^ I think it was going to be part of a future release? But this plugin hasn't had an update since 8/23/15 so I guess, use the patch. Which is attached

Attachments

It may be that the patch has been included in the 1.7.5 file that Luke has been sending out since it was created, so if you had 1.7.5 installed before the patch, you needed the patch. If you got it after the patch, the patch was included in the base installation.

What is the problem with Tapatalk likes? I have Tapatalk installed and none of my members have noticed problems.

The issue was that the connection between likes on TT and likes on the forum was broken. So they didn't show up in TT (you could not like anything via TT)

Except that TT converted away from XF and lost all attachments, plus old links don't redirect, these guys...
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=33920&p=188578#p188578

According to ^^ I think it was going to be part of a future release? But this plugin hasn't had an update since 8/23/15 so I guess, use the patch. Which is attached

It may be that the patch has been included in the 1.7.5 file that Luke has been sending out since it was created, so if you had 1.7.5 installed before the patch, you needed the patch. If you got it after the patch, the patch was included in the base installation.

The issue was that the connection between likes on TT and likes on the forum was broken. So they didn't show up in TT (you could not like anything via TT)
Thank you!!!
It works as it is expected to work. I downloaded the latest version I thought which was emailed to me. So, who knows, but at the end of the day it works as it needs to!

Yes I am working on a 2.0 rewrite for XF 2 :)

That's great news. Hope you are considering the suggestions mentioned earlier in the thread:

(similar IPB example here)​
Extending it to the XF Media Gallery (and profile posts!!)​

We love the add-on so we're excited to see the next rev! Thanks for the great work.

Last edited:
Could I suggest that we make a modification to this addon, hopefully it has not been suggested already if so I appologize.

Can we add an optional confirmation dialog for all negative ratings? When you have a touch screen and people are scrolling, a negative rating gets placed quite frequently because of this.

Could I suggest that we make a modification to this addon, hopefully it has not been suggested already if so I appologize.

Can we add an optional confirmation dialog for all negative ratings? When you have a touch screen and people are scrolling, a negative rating gets placed quite frequently because of this.

This is an excellent idea. I've seen this as well (accidental negative rating). On our site, we have a "disagree" button, but we assign it a neutral rating actually....no negative ratings in play. So we would actually want the confirmation on that. Which adds another layer of complexity, that being, allow a confirmation on any one rating, or perhaps on more than one level (positive, neutral, and negative)

Top Bottom