Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi! I love your addon, but I found some issues when using Tapatalk. When I disable native xenforo like system and use Post Ratings, I'm not able to "like" posts through Tapatalk client. When I enable xenforo likes, I see it at the end of each post above Post Ratings bar. Is there any workaround to make classic likes to work in Tapatalk but not show them in classic web theme?

That's on my list of stuff for the next update :)

We're using Amazon, but I don't have any information that we're using Cloudfare as well.

Well I would investigate it as a bug in the addon normally, but having seen very similar things happen on the few forums I visit that use cloudflare (and vbulletin so it's not a xf thing) I'm pretty confident it is an issue further up the chain

It was the same on the other sites - icon images being replaced by users' avatars.

Some of my users have been having errors lately specifically when posting and it appears to be from this plugin. Any thoughts?

Template Errors: dark_postrating_message_user_info

1. Division by zeroin /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 68:
    67: {
    68: $__compilerVar2 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_positive" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['positive'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['positive'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
    69: }
  2. Division by zeroin /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 72:
    71: {
    72: $__compilerVar2 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_neutral" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
    73: }

1. Division by zeroin /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 68:
    68: $__compilerVar2 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_positive" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['positive'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['positive'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';
  2. Division by zeroin /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 72:
    72: $__compilerVar2 .= '<div class="dark_postrating_bar_neutral" title="' . XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::numberFormat($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'], '0') . '" style="width:' . ($postrating_ratings_total['neutral'] / $postrating_ratings_total['all'] * 100) . '%"></div>';

No, I must have missed that update. Can you send me 1.4.1? I can't seem to download without paying all over again lol.

I need to move the ratings to another position in postbit (message_user_info), i tried to disable them in style properties and then add this:
HTML:
<xen:include template="dark_postrating_member_info" />
But it doesn't work, there is the text "Ratings Received" but no values. There is a way to do this?

I need to move the ratings to another position in postbit (message_user_info), i tried to disable them in style properties and then add this:
HTML:
<xen:include template="dark_postrating_member_info" />
But it doesn't work, there is the text "Ratings Received" but no values. There is a way to do this?

As it stands that would require a file edit to library/dark/postrating/eventlistener.php to change the template hook that gets used to add the postbit info - just add a separate xen:hook and change the one on line 149 (message_user_info_extra) to whatever you add.

PM me if you need any more help :)

As it stands that would require a file edit to library/dark/postrating/eventlistener.php to change the template hook that gets used to add the postbit info - just add a separate xen:hook and change the one on line 149 (message_user_info_extra) to whatever you add.

PM me if you need any more help :)
Very helpful as always, thanks :)

French language for 1.4.1 version :)

Can you please post this as either just the <phrases> xml section or a separate addon providing the phrases? I'd rather the full template content etc. were not available.

Thank you for the translation though, much appreciated! :)

I've just implemented this to great success on my forum but I'm having problems with mass downrepping. Is there some function that I can use to limit this?

If you have people abusing it, simply add them to a group with no ability to rate posts. Alternatively use the group whitelist system to make sure they can only rate posts positively.

Unfortunately, the problem is they create new accounts when I do that, and then when I ban the IP, new accounts via VPN...

Maybe grant negative ratings only to a certain group, and make an automatic promotion based on something reasonable like post count

Back
Top Bottom